Welcome to the Resources section. Here you will find Product Resources, App Ideas for Inspiration, and Bonus Category Details. Remember, you can always reach us on Slack or chat with our team during the Weekly Worthy Web Show on twitch.tv/CodeItLive.
|Telerik UI for Blazor||Kendo UI for Angular||KendoReact|
|Fiddler Everywhere||JustMock||Test Studio|
|Telerik Reporting||App Migration & Modernization|
|- Non-profit Starter Kit from Mobilize.Net|
|Healthy World An app that aggregates the latest medical news/knowledge to make it accessible in the farthest corners of the earth.||Eating Out Safely An app that tells users what restaurants in their area are open for inside and outside dining; allow your users to rate and share their experiences.||It Takes a Village An app that connects working parents to set up nannyshare services and/or create pandemic pods where children can learn together in smaller groups.|
|Local Support Resources An app that helps people locate local shelters, soup kitchens and other needed resources. Connect both people who want to volunteer and people in need.||Animal House An app that helps connect people with lost animals or that connects people with opportunities to help the animal population in their community.||Sustainability Scoresheet An app that allows users to rate and read sustainability scores for local businesses. The app could measure and report on the environmental, social and economic impact of the business.|
|Charity Aware An app that catalogs local or global charities. It tags them based on area of focus/support, allows users to learn more about the charity and provides an opportunity to get involved right from the app.||Upcycling Exchange An app that creates an exchange for items other are looking to discard. Provide a collective space where people can share the items they either want to exchange or post items they are looking for. There could be an option for sharing items and methods for giving items a second life.||Healthier Together An app that allows you track your intake and your activity. Allow friends to join you on specific challenges and gamify getting fit. Add the ability to monitor (and share, if you choose) mental and physical health. Include daily/weekly motivation and resources.|
|Let’s Be Friends An app that connects people who want to explore the long lost art of having/being a pen pal. Connect people based on interest, language, geography. People could write hand-written letters or communicate via email.||Keep It Clean An app that clearly explains local recycling laws, shows where recycling centers are, if trash zones are full, how you can participate in local beach and road clean ups. It could even allow the user to monitor his/her carbon footprint. Gamify keeping your community clean.||Food Connect An app that connects restaurants and supermarkets with local shelters so they can either donate or sell the food at a discount that they would otherwise throw out. Include local laws.|
As part of your Submission, you can opt in to be considered for the Bonus Categories which best apply to your application and meet the below applicable requirements. To be eligible within a Bonus Category, you must complete the required tests, include proof of tests within your Submission, and your video needs to include a screen capture of the test being run; highlight the tool implemented in your app (in the case of Reporting); provide a description of your app modernization process (for the Best Modernization category); or the code repository, video and description for the Best Mobile Support category.
Applicable Bonus Categories:
Mobile Support - Using one of the following methods, ensure your web app provides a delightful mobile experience. You shoud provide a video of the submission, a brief description of your mobile support and a link to your code. Mobile support methods include:
- Make web app responsive to support mobile form factors
- Make a Progressive Web App with Blazor
- Use Experimental Blazor Mobile Bindings to build a native/hybrid mobile app
- Reporting - Telerik Reporting is a complete embedded reporting tool that supports Blazor, Angular and React (among other frameworks). Implement the tool into your application - create an interactive report, add a report viewer or more - to be considered for this prize category. Make sure to include and highlight the use of Reporting with your overall submission.
- Test Studio - Test Studio and Test Studio Dev Edition are automated testing tools that allow you to test your application. Simply record your test and use automated playback for an easy and fast way to craft your test and then run that same script to test multiple browsers. Document your use of the tool via screen capture.
- Fiddler Everywhere - Fiddler Everywhere is a web debugging proxy for macOS, Windows, and Linux. Capture, inspect, monitor all HTTP(S) traffic between your computer and the Internet, mock requests, and diagnose network issues. Fiddler Everywhere can be used for any browser, application, process. Document your use of Fiddler Everywhere by providing step-by-step screen capture/video of your Fiddler Everywhere debugging experience.
- JustMock - JustMock is a mocking tool for crafting unit tests. Document your unit test using JustMock via a step-by-step screen capture/video.
- Modernization - Do you have an app for good that needs to be modernized? You can use a tool like Mobilize.net or modernize it yourself. We will be looking for apps that have gone from Silverlight, WinForms, WebForms or VB6 to a modern web frontend using Blazor, Angular or React.Provide a description - video or written - of your app modernization process and include before and after videos.
The Worthy Web Show
Tuesdays at 11:00 a.m. ET on twitch.tv/CodeItLive
|Tuesday, April 6||TJ VanToll||
rec: A Hands-on Intro to KendoReact
(w/special guest Alyssa Nicoll)
|Tuesday, April 13||Ed Charbeneau||
rec: Semantic HTML and Accessibility
(w/special guest Chris DeMars)
|Tuesday, April 20||Sam Basu||Building for Mobile with Web Technologies|
|Tuesday, April 27||Alyssa Nicoll||[CANCELED - new date coming]
Let’s Build a Drop Down!
|Tuesday, May 4||TJ VanToll||A Deep Dive Into the KendoReact Grid|
|Tuesday, May 11||Ed Charbeneau||All things Grid for Blazor|
|Tuesday, May 18||Alyssa Nicoll||It’s a Surprise!|
|Tuesday, May 25||Sam Basu||Accessibility for Mobile Apps|